A thought about thinking less
And another one
I admire people who likes to keep silence,
I wish I could be like them
Have a very nutritious appetizer – recipe to share, though it can no way help me talk less 😉
It definitely helps to keep our-self healthy and fit, since Soy-chunks are packed with Protein and Fiber.
Soya Chunks – 3 cups (Approx) – soak in water for 1/2 an hour before using.
Potatoes – 2 medium sized ( boiled and mashed.)
Onion – 1 medium (finely chopped)
Garlic – 5 to 7 no’s (finely chopped )
Ginger – 2 tbsp (when crushed)
Green chili’s – 2 to 4 no’s chopped (Adjust as per your preference)
Cilantro & Mint – 1/4 cup finely chopped (Optional- may not use if you don’t like its flavor)
Salt to taste
Oil – 2 Tbsp
Garam Masala – 1 tsp
Red chili powder or use Kashmiri Chili Powder – 2 Tsp (Adjust according to your preference)
Coriander Powder – 2 Tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Black Pepper crushed – 1/2 tsp
Bread Crumbs (or else use Rava/Semolina) – for coating
Egg (or else Thick Butter milk) – for coating
Oil – for frying.
* Soak Soya chunks in water for at least 1/2 an hour then cook the same with enough salt added to it, until it becomes tender, takes about 15 minutes, drain away the water and shred the chunks using a food processor or blender. Keep these aside.
* Heat Oil in a pan , add finely chopped onion, garlic, ginger and green chili’s , saute these till they start to turn brown.
* Add cooked, shredded chunks to it and stir nicely, cook in medium to high heat until any water in it evaporates.
* Sprinkle all the spice mix to it, while you keep on stirring, add chopped cilantro, mashed potato & salt to taste , just before you switch off the heat.
* Once the mixture is cooled, take about 2 tbsp of the mixture each to shape it (I made Oval shape)
* Dip each Cutlets in lightly beaten eggs / or thick Butter milk then coat’em with bread crumbs or Semolina/ Rava.
* May store these in air tight containers, stays in refrigerator for 2 to 3 days or else may freeze these.
* Deep fry or shallow fry Soya chunk Cutlets.
Serve hot with Ketchup and / or Onion Salad.
Click Link for similar Recipes in this blog.