And my love for the beach in Alleppey-Kerala (My place) will also remain unchanged,
like how I loved going there when I was a child , from the time I can memorize things.
as no where else can I breath in happiness and calm with the Sea breeze.
|Red flags are not permanent 🙂
Flags of CPI (Communist Party of India) were placed because they had some conference going on in Alleppey.
The CPI & Congress Party usually rules alternately in Kerala (State)
It was nice to see people exercising, practicing Yoga, some playing volley ball , and some others playing soccer altogether an inspiration to live healthy and happy.
With lot many new memories to boost up my spirit, I decided to try something sweet today.
A pudding with China grass, here they call it Agar-Agar (for China-grass) its a veggie alternation for Gelatin, usually seen in Asian grocery stores here in the US.
Recipe is from one of my cousin, who made it with Pineapple layering underneath, almost similar to Easy Pineapple Pudding (Egg less recipe) which I have in this blog, but that was made with gelatin and there isn’t any milk powder in it, though milk powder makes it more dense in consistency,
so its good to add the same.
I tried it with Pistachio- Elaichi (Cardamom) essence, though I don’t prefer Elaichi, didn’t have any other option this time in the grocery store 😦
Milk – 2 cups / Half Liter
Sugar – 2 to 4 Tbsp -Optional (Adjust sweetness as per your preference)
Sweetened Condensed Milk – 1/2 a tin
Milk Powder – 1/2 cup (I used Nestle Milk powder)
Pistachio Essence – 1/4 tsp (I used Pistachio- Elaichi/Cardamom essence)
China grass / Agar Agar – 1/2 cup when dry (soak these in little water for sometime)
Praline Nuts crumbled
Click here for Praline Nuts Recipe
* Soak Chine grass in water for some time.( 1/2 an hour to 2 hour’s)
* Mix sugar, condensed milk and milk powder with 2 cups milk,keep to boil, stirring occasionally.
* Heat the soaked China grass in water till nicely melted, pour this to the boiling milk mixture.Switch off the heat.
(May strain this milk mixture to get rid of any undissolved china grass butI didn’t strain it 😦
as usual I was lazy)
* Add Pistachio essence to it, stir and allow to cool.
* Pour this to any pudding bowl or glass, keep in refrigerator to set (at least 2 hour’s)
* Top with Praline nuts/ Caramelized Pistachio nuts before serving.