Sometimes I go crazy with lot many questions I ask myself, from very serious life changing question like – If I should continue my studies ? to very silly one’s like – what I should cook for the next meal ????
Chocolate is the Answer
Who cares what the question is.
Here’s a recipe for a really sweet chocolate brownie’s,
for Chocolate lovers like me and many others.
Butter – 1/2 cup
Cocoa Powder – 1/2 cup (I used Hershey’s , if using dark cocoa powder,use less)
Granulated white sugar – 3/4 cup (See Notes)
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
Instant Coffee Powder – 1/4 tsp
Eggs (cold) – 2 no’s
All purpose flour – 1/2 cup
Optional – Dry fruits – 1/4 cup lightly crushed (walnut/almonds , pecan’s etc) I didn’t use
For the Topping – (Optional)
Condensed Milk – 1/2 cup
Semi Sweet Chocolate chips – 1/4 cup (May use chocolate syrup instead)
* Preheat the oven to 325 Degree F (163 Degree C) , Place an aluminium foil to line a medium sized baking tray (square shaped -if you have) , grease with butter or any non stick spray.Keep aside
* In a microwave safe bowl – mix butter , sugar , cocoa powder , salt and coffee powder, Heat in micro wave for a minute to melt the butter(may take up to 90 seconds) , if not using a microwave, may use double boiling technique to melt and combine all these ingredients together.
(If double boiling the same , make sure the bottom of the bowl in which the butter and other ingredients are placed doesn’t touch the boiling water underneath, butter should melt only with the heat of the steam)
* once melted, stir to combine everything well , let cool for a minute or two and then add eggs and vanilla essence. Stir nicely using a spoon to combine.
* Then add the flour gradually while stirring the mixture.
*Pour this to the prepared baking dish and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. or until a tester comes out clean.
For the topping
* Melt together condensed milk and the chocolate chips in the microwave. (May melt these by the double boiling too) Stir nicely to combine and pour this mixture to the baked Brownies while it is still warm.
* Refrigerate the brownie cake for 10 to 15 minutes to firm up a bit.
Enjoy a Chocolaty Treat !
Notes : I felt that the chocolate topping made these brownies super sweet, hence adjust sugar in the brownie mix if you like your brownies to taste less sweet.