Tried making these for my NA who brings back everything which I pack in her lunchbox other than 4 pieces of fruits which I keep to make the meal complete for the sake of my satisfaction 🙂
Since she likes to have cake and desserts, prepared Brownies as part of the trial and error strategy that I am doing to make her complete the Lunch, though this is going on for almost 2 years now 😦
These are healthy snack and also may enjoy it heated with a dollop of Ice cream to serve as a hot Dessert. Came out really well hence thought to share it here.
Slighlty adapted from The Pioneer Woman ‘s recipe of Dark Chocolate Brownies.
Semi Sweet Chocolate chips – 1/4 cup
Butter – 1/2 cup
Salt – a pinch
Cocoa Powder – 3 Tb Sp
Brown Sugar – 1 cup
Vanilla essence – 3/4 tsp
Espresso Powder / Instant Coffee – 1/4 tsp
Eggs – 3 no’s
Wheat Flour – 1/2 cup (I used Asshirvaad brand available in any Indian store, these are superfine)
All Purpose Flour – 1/4 cup
Any nuts and Chocolate chips – 3/4 cup (Together) I used Almonds and Cashew nuts
Powdered Sugar for sifting / decoration – Optional
* Preheat Oven to 350 Degree F
* In an saucepan , melt Butter with semi sweet Chocolate chips (1/4cups) over low heat. Sprinkle Cocoa Powder and whisk to combine, add salt and coffee powder , once combined and all melted , remove from heat and keep aside to cool.
* Stir in brown Sugar and vanilla essence to the above mixture when cooled.
* One at a time stir in eggs , add all purpose flour and stir again
* Add Chocolate chips and nuts to the batter and gently fold in the wheat flour and mix all ingredients until well combined.
* Pour this batter to a greased baking pan ( I used small square shaped pan, lined with foil) Bake in 350 Degree F for 35 to 40 Minutes until a tester comes out clean.
* Cool Completely , cut in to squares and sprinkle with Powdered Sugar (Optional)
Store in an airtight Container.
Delicious and Healthy Brownies !!
Try it to Believe 🙂