Made these as NA was asking for strawberry cake for quiet some time now, wonder how she loves strawberries as none in the family likes the same.
Waiting for my strawberry plant to be fruitful before Winter starts or else next year I wont have reasons to argue with my
sponsor spouse that planting fruits at home can be part of cost cutting.
as buying organic strawberries every time are expensive.
How ever NA was not very happy to see the muffins as she expected a cream cheese frosted Strawberry flavored theme cake , instead I made a cream cheese filled Strawberry muffins anyways it was soft,tasty and healthy too
Do try it if you are a fan of Muffins.
Adapted from – www.cookinginredsocks.com
Wheat Flour – 1 cup
All Purpose flour – 1 cup
Baking Powder – 1 Tbs
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Milk (2%) – 1 cup
Vegetable Oil or Canola Oil – 1/4 cup
Egg – 1
Chopped Strawberries – 1 cup (Approx)
For the Filling
Cream Cheese – 1/2 cup (In room temperature)
Sugar – 4 Tb Sp
Vanilla extract – 1/4 tsp
* Preheat the oven to 375 Degree F. Spray Muffin liners with Cooking spray and place these in to a muffin tin/tray.
* Sift together All purpose flour + wheat flour + baking powder + salt. keep aside.
* Whisk egg with sugar , milk and oil until well mixed , add this mixture to the sifted flour ingredients.
Mix with a wooden spoon, add chopped strawberries and fold again until well combined.
* In an other bowl , mix together ingredients for filling (Cream cheese + Sugar + Vanilla).
* Put 2 Table spoons of the flour batter in the bottom of each muffin tins (Muffin Liners) then add a tablespoon of the cream cheese filling.
* Top these again with the flour batter. (liners should be just 3/4 rt filled or else it tends to overflow while baking)
My first experience making a cupcake at home was a catastrophe, as it overflowed and fell on the coil inside the oven , started burning and then smoke in the whole house, from then I learned to place a tray underneath this muffin tray every time I bake cupcakes or muffins, if in case it overflows too there wouldn’t be smoke 😉
* Bake these in 375 Degree preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes , until a toothpick when inserted into the muffins comes out clean.
* Cream cheese filling inside will stay soft / Liquid y even after baking.
May pour some strawberry syrup over the muffins before serving.