Cherish the moments I shared with my friends in college,those days when we used to chat and hang around discussing nonsense very seriously….
Am sure there would be one brave friend in every friends – gang to whom we would run for solutions. Myself too is gifted with a friend like that, we used to discuss each of our most serious issues with her and she always had some solutions for what so ever issues.
I remember once during a hot summer month we were walking back home from college, all tired and sweating, we were talking about the benefits of having an Air condition as during those days in India very rarely had we seen Air Condition fitted at homes, all of a sudden my friend came up with an idea, she said she wants to buy something from a textile store which was on the way…and we accompanied her, we sat comfortably in that Air conditioned store while she dealt with the sale’s person there asking him to search for some thing which she was sure they wouldn’t have in that store, once we were relaxed and all set ,got out of that store promising the sale’s person that we’ll be coming back again 😉
But there have been instances when my brave friend’s tricks wouldn’t work much, once during our leisure walk, we noticed some guys following us and as usual my friend came up with a solution – that was to enter a restaurant on the way to avoid those who were following us, we all rushed in and sat re-leaved, but it was when the waiter came to us that we realized that our solution provider is not having money to treat us….neither she nor any of us had money in our purse, now what ??? we asked for a lime juice – which was the cheapest drink we saw in their menu and started counting every coin left in each of our purse ….and we could barely pay the bill that day.
Even now I continue discussing everything with her, she was the person who was present to help me withstand the toughest situations.
“She” got married last month, since then I haven’t talked to her and probably she’s annoyed with me, so dedicating this post to her 😉
Hope you are reading ” Tess ”
I recommend, you make this for your hubby next time you buy Pineapple’s as am sure he’ll like it 🙂 🙂 🙂
This cake is worth trying as it never disappointed me, have got appreciations from everyone whom ever I have served it till yesterday 🙂
For the Topping
Pineapple’s – 1/4rt of a medium sized Pineapple -sliced or use Canned slices
Brown Sugar – 1/4 cup
Butter – 2 to 3 Tb Sp
Cherries – few no’s fresh or Maraschino Cherries or else may use mixed fruit Jam.
For the Cake
Plain Flour – 1 and 1/4 cup
Baking Powder – 1/2 tsp
Baking Soda – 1/4 tsp (Heaped)
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Sugar – 2 Tb Sp (White)
Brown Sugar – 3/4 cup
Vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp
Orange Juice – 1/4 cup (May use fresh Pineapple Juice too)
Milk – 1/2 cup
Sour Cream – 1/4 cup or else use Plain Yogurt
Egg – 2 small eggs
Butter – 1/2 cup
* Preheat the Oven to 350 Degree F
* To Prepare the topping, Grease a 9 inch round pan with butter or use non stick spray , arrange pineapple slices ,place cherries in the middle of each pineapple pieces , sprinkle brown sugar over and place the cubed butter pieces here and there (may melt the butter pieces and drizzle the same over the pineapple piecestoo) Ingredients amount given under Toppings.
* Beat Eggs with Plain sugar , brown sugar and butter till fluffy , add the juice (Pineapple Or Orange) then Sour cream (or Yogurt) , Vanilla essence , Beat well to combine.
* Add the flour (Sifted ingredients) and milk alternately , combine all the ingredients with a wooden spoon and pour this batter over the topping (Pineapple Pieces)
* Bake for 40 to 45 Minutes till a tester comes out clean, allow to cool before trying to flip the cake.
* When cooled to room temperature , flip the cake , cut and serve.
Super Moist and Soft – Pineapple Up-side Down Cake !!
Waiting for the thriller Finals this Sunday …..Though I support Argentina – know its not easy with the toughest German Team 🙂