Its said that 3 eggs in a week is the maximum recommended for adults , especially for people who have a comparatively higher cholesterol level , but at times we live to satisfy our taste-buds too
and all 3 of us here are Egg Lovers 🙂
I think majority of you guys too would love Egg’s
This is a very tasty snack , popular everywhere in India , mainly seen in the Tattu kada’s /Street-shops.
Boiled Eggs- 4 No’s (or more )
Chickpea Flour – 1/2 cup
All Purpose flour or Corn Flour – 2 Tb Sp
Red chili Powder /Cayenne Pepper – 1/2 tsp (Optional)
Asafoetida – a pinch (Optional)
Baking Powder – a pinch
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
For the filling / Chutney
Coconut – 1/4 cup
Mint leaves – 5 to 8 leaves
Cilantro – 1/4 cup chopped
Green Chili’s / Pepper – 2 no’s
Ginger – 1/2 tsp finely chopped
salt to taste
* Grind together all the ingredients given for filling , until smooth paste.
(May sprinkle few drops of water to help grind it smooth)
* Make batter with the ingredients given for batter, mix with little water to make the batter thick but in pouring consistency , keep aside.
* Heat oil in a pan ,
Spread 1 to 1 and 1/2 tsp of filling over the yolk side of the halved egg.
* Dip the other side of the egg in the batter , pour the batter over the top to coat the egg all over.
* Deep fry or shallow fry these coated eggs in medium to high heat.
Its better to place the filling -side of the egg in the oil first , once done (2 to 3 minutes) flip to the other side. Fry till golden brown.
But Don’t fry your fingers….use a spoon to put egg in the oil
* Serve hot with the rest of the chutney.