Pineapple’s were on sale in a near by grocery store so grabbed it without a second thought. I am not a fan of Pineapples but I must say I was never disappointed when ever I tried it in making a fruit based dessert.
This is a fruit which can be grown indoors , no much soil or water needed for its growth hence can be grown in pots too, just need to plant its green top in soil , remove any flesh and small bottom leaves before planting….its a plant that doesn’t need much care & its happy during the warmer climate , so its good to be potted and then placed indoor during winter season….Inspired ?????
I must write about its disadvantage too – that’s the wait period , it almost takes one and half years to 2 years depending on its variety…Still its not a bad idea as there’s no much care needed.
Cut it , Eat it and then Plant the top as written HERE – May check this link if you are seriously thinking about planting Pineapple’s 🙂
This is one recipe I have been making from my school days and every time I make it there is some one who appreciates it.If am asked to rate this recipe out of 10 I’ll no doubt give it a full 10 🙂
Its not a recipe that I developed anyway tasted it from one of my relative’s house…..
Do give it a try as am sure you’ll like it unless you hate Pineapple flavor.
No canned pineapples can give the exact same taste that the fresh one gives so fresh pineapple’s are preferred though I have made this dessert with canned one’s too
Pineapples – 1/2 of small Pineapple’s chopped
Brown Sugar – 2 Tb Sp (may use regular sugar too)
Milk – 5 cups (I used 2% )
Gelatin – 3 Tsp (If Vegetarian May use China Grass / Agar Agar instead of Gelatin – follow the instructions in the packet)
Sweetened Condensed Milk – 1/2 cup
Sugar – 4 to 6 Tb Sp (Adjust as per your preference)
* Mix 2 Tb sp of Brown sugar to the chopped pineapple , cook this in medium heat till there isn’t any water left in the pan (may take 10 to 20 minutes , stir Occasionally) when done, transfer these pineapple pieces to any dish. When cooled a bit keep this in the refrigerator.
* Combine Gelatin with I cup milk , stir and keep aside.
* Boil the rest of the milk with sugar (If using) and condensed Milk , when it starts to bubble up pour the gelatin mixed milk to the boiling milk and stir nicely ,when the milk again starts to boil , switch off the heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
* Pour this milk to the refrigerated pineapple pieces.
* Refrigerate this until the pudding is set , almost takes 3 to 5 hour’s in the refrigerator.
To set faster , may place it in the freezer the first 1 hour to 2 hours then place it in the refrigerator.
Serve once set …Enjoy !!