We just came to know who’s going to be the Prime Minister of India for the next 5 years.
There’s going to be a change in India – a needed change after 10 years of governance by a same Party…
Hoping for the best to come.
I love to have Lassi and Mango Lassi is my favorite , to make it we buy Mango Pulp which once opened cannot be stored for longer time in the fridge so I make some dessert with it usually,
this time its Ice cream , though I am not a big fan of Ice cream – this is an easy dessert which can be prepared ahead of time if serving for a party or can be served anytime you have a visitor , feels good to serve something which is made at home instead of those store bought stuffs, though it doesn’t happen always.
I don’t have an Ice cream Maker and always its with this recipe that I have tried making Ice Cream, it comes out well and its an easy recipe too.Used low fat milk but it would be good if whole milk is used as the texture and consistency of Ice Cream used to be even better when I used to make it in India with the whole fat packet milk available there.
Mango Pulp – 1 cup (Or else blend pieces from 2 medium sized mangoes )
Low fat Milk – 3 cups
Sweetened Fat free Condensed Milk – 3/4 of a tin
Sugar – 4 Tbsp (Or less adjust according to your preference, may omit using sugar too)
Corn flour or All purpose flour – 2 Tb Sp
Butter – 2 Tb Sp
Vanilla essence – 1/4 tsp
* Mix Corn flour or All purpose flour in 3/4 cup milk , stir to make the mixture free of lumps and keep aside.
* Heat the rest of the milk in a pan with sugar(If using) and condensed milk mixed to it.
* When it starts to bubble, add the flour mixed milk to the boiling milk and stir , keep the heat in medium to low , stir till the milk starts to thicken a bit , add then the vanilla essence and switch off the heat ,then add the butter to this milk mixture. (Butter melts and floats over this milk mixture with its heat , stir to combine)
* When the milk mixture cools to warm , add it to the mango pulp (add milk little a time to the mango pulp in a bowl, stirring vigorously)
* Transfer to a blender and blend this mixture for 2 to 4 minutes, stop and wait for a minute then blend again for another 2 to 4 minutes.
* Transfer to a freezer proof container and freeze for 4 to 6 hours (until set)
Ice cream is ready.
If you have more patience , may blend this ice cream once it sets (after 1 or 2 hours in the freezer to break any ice crystals ) and freeze again , that gives an even smoother texture
but I enjoyed it as it is 🙂
May serve it topped with some mango pieces…. I had it with some crushed praline nuts, love that crunch in Ice creams.
For Praline Recipe – Click Here
The party Soccer man supported didn’t make it
even this time 🙂 as his party has hold only in 3 states in the whole country and this time they lost in 1 among their 3 state too ……hope he won’t read this……
I asked him to view this video as , A mundu / Lungi which he and most guys in Kerala wears can be used to cover face or the whole head when in situations like these as they have suggested in this video.
A glance about Mundu/ Lungi
Not sure what is going to happen here if he reads this post…..anyways have Mango Ice cream to serve 😉