Some times Me think
Who is a Friend and then
” Friend is someone to share
the last cookie with “
Words by Cookie Monster 🙂 🙂 🙂
All purpose Flour – 1/2 cup
Wheat Flour – 1/2 cup
Baking Powder – 3/4 tsp
Sugar – 2 Tsp
Salt – 1/4 tsp to 1/2 tsp
Butter – 1/4 cup
Green Chilies – 5 (adjust as per your tolerance level , or else use crushed pepper)
Yogurt – 2 Table spoon
Cilantro/Coriander Leaves – 2 Tbsp finely chopped
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp crushed
* Sift together All purpose flour , wheat flour , sugar , Baking Powder and Salt , keep aside.
May Omit Wheat flour and use only All purpose flour , but I felt wheat flour makes it more crispy and healthy too
* Mix in butter (cubed) , yogurt and all other ingredients (Chili’s , Cilantro and crushed Cumin)
work with your hands , till all the ingredients are well combined , till you get a crumbled dough.
*Either you can wrap the dough in a plastic wrap or else transfer to a storage bag and refrigerate for 15 to 30 minutes. (I used a bag)
* After 30 minutes , roll the dough in the bag using a rolling pin , cut open the sides of the bag and dust the dough with some flour and roll out evenly till the dough stretches out on all side and becomes thickness you like , I wanted it thin so rolled’em to approx 1/4 inch thickness.
* Using a cookie cutter dusted with flour , cut in to desired shapes , I shaped it with a knife.
Arrange the cookies on to a baking tray , prick each cookies with a fork. (or else they might fluff up)
* Bake in a 300 Degree F preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes till the outside looks golden brown (Mine took less time as it was thin)
Store’em in an air tight container.
For me nothing much was left to store…will be making it again soon
Enjoy with Tea or Coffee