This is one of my friends favorite dish and it was she who introduced this dish to us , while in a Chinese restaurant , I tasted Rice Noodles for the first time , but then it had a texture similar to Idiyappom A kerala Style Rice noodles that we make with Rice Flour , but that’s a break fast dish which taste totally different.
I felt that Singapore Rice Noodles has some Indian taste and that’s from the Curry Masala that they add as seasoning to it and that’s why most Indian would prefer this dish.I didn’t buy a Curry Masala from the Asian store as I thought I’ll try with the usual masala powder that I make at home , but still for that authentic taste of Singapore Rice Noodles you’ll have to buy the Curry Powder along with this Rice Noodles from any Asian store.
If you haven’t tried this dish , do try it from a Chinese Restaurant , most of’em will have this in their Menu and then when you want to try it out at home , do check this recipe here 🙂
it was good trust me
Another Main Ingredients in this recipe is Bean Sprouts , which I didn’t use because someone in my family doesn’t like it , you’ll get them in the Asian store or else use Chinese Cabbage as I did.
For the Singapore Rice Noodles you will need
Rice Noodles – I used 1 packet , which need to be soaked in warm water for at least an hour.
Chicken Breast Pieces – 1 cup , cut in long slices (Julienne)
Shrimp – 1/2 cup
Eggs – 2 no’s
Curry Powder – 2 table spoon (I used regular Indian spice mix or may use any spice mix/all spice you like or any noodle taste makers you get with the packed instant noodles)
Soy Sauce – 2 table spoon
Ginger Minced – 1 Table Spoon
Garlic – 2 Table Spoon
Green Chili / Hot Chili Pepper – 2 no’s sliced
Onion – 1 medium sliced
Carrot – sliced length wise (optional)
Green Onion – diagonally cut in to an inch length
Chinese Cabbage or else use Bean sprouts or else use both – 1 cup approx.
Red and Yellow Bell Pepper -1/2 of one each, sliced length wise
Cilantro/ Coriander leaves – 2 to 4 table spoon. (For garnishing -optional)
Oil – I used Vegetable oil 3 to 4 Table spoon (I think they use Peanut Oil )
* Soak the Rice Noodles in water for an hour , drain it and sprinkle some curry powder and drizzle some oil to this noodles , and mix the rice noodles with your hands , keep aside.
*Beat egg with a pinch of salt , heat 1 Table spoon oil and scramble the egg until just set and keep aside.
* Heat 2 Table spoon oil and fry chicken pieces with a pinch of salt till done (until the pieces are no more pink) , add in the shrimp and cook till done (almost 5 minutes after adding the shrimp )
* Heat the rest of the oil and saute first the garlic , ginger chopped and green chili’s /pepper , followed by the sliced onion and carrot sliced or shaved ,saute for 5 minutes in medium heat till the onion turns translucent.
* Add in the rest of the curry powder , and add all the other vegetables (other than the leaves – cilantro/coriander leaves and scallions/Green Onion) saute for 1 minute
* Add in the soaked rice noodles and the fried chicken , shrimps and scrambled eggs , use two spoons or fork to mix everything well.
* Add in the soy sauce and cook for 7 to 10 minutes in medium heat till the noodles are cooked and everything is mixed well.
* Garnish with cilantro/ Coriander leaves and green onion.