Delicious….nothing more to say 🙂
Panna Cotta is a traditional Italian Custard and easy too but then it is a rich dessert with heavy cream so I decided to cut down cream and substitute it with whole milk , it taste the best when its all cream in there but then as I always say we are thinking of dieting now….
Panna cotta can be enjoyed alone, it just melts down in your mouth but then plain white custard will have an appearance issue you know , especially for a photographer like me, its tough to make it attractive with the clicks I take , I want you to try this one (those who haven’t tried it)
I believe that the sight of food makes it attractive , so thought to make this strawberry gelatin , its just strawberry syrup with some gelatin in it.
For the Panna Cotta
Heavy Cream – 1 cup
Whole Milk – 1 cup
Sugar – 1/2 cup (or more )
Vanilla extract – 1/2 tsp
Gelatin – 1 envelope unflavored
For Strawberry Gelatin
Strawberries – 7 to 9 no’s sliced
Brown Sugar – 4 TB SP
Gelatin – 1 envelope
Water – 1/2 cup
Make the strawberry gelatin first and while it sets make the Panna Cotta custard.
* Dissolve 1 envelope gelatin in 1/2 cup water and keep aside for 5 to 10 minutes
* Heat sliced strawberries with brown sugar (if you don’t have, use white sugar) , boil till the strawberries looks tender (about 5 to 8 minutes in low heat)
* Add the gelatin soaked water to the strawberry syrup and boil , stirring contentiously.
* When it boils , pour this on pudding bowl / glass. and keep this in the refrigerator to set.
To Make Panna Cotta
* Mix 1 envelope gelatin with 1/2 cup milk and keep aside for 5 minutes.
* Heat cream with the rest of the milk and sugar.
* when it starts to boil add in the vanilla extract and the milk with the gelatin.
* Allow to boil and bubble up , keep stirring.Remove from heat once it boils and cool to room temperature.
* Pour this Panna Cotta mixture on top of the set strawberry gelatin and keep in the refrigerator (at least 3 hour’s)
Once set , if you wish to serve this on a plate , run a knife through the sides of the custard and place the Panna cotta bowl on a plate filled with hot water , just for a minute and cover the bowl with the serving plate and flip the bowl upside down and the custard should fall on the plate.
Serve with fresh strawberries & strawberry Syrup If you like…..
& Panna Cotta Upside down
Panna Cotta taste best when made with full cream , that’s 1 & 1/2 cup of cream and just 1/2 cup of milk in this recipe (to soak the gelatin).