Going little health conscious these days , picking each and every healthy stuff we could to stay fit.
As its Sunday night and because am feeling sleepy , I think I should be going to the recipe without much description 😉
Sprouted these Vanpayar as Sprouting increases its nutritive value and helps in digestion.
To know more about sprouting click here
Asparagus – 300 gm (Almost half bunch) chopped
Red Mung Beans/ Brown Peas/Vanpayar – 1 cup soaked (Sprouted)
Shallots/Small Onion – 4 to 7 no’s crushed (or 1 medium onion)
Curry leaves – 1 spring (Optional)
Coconut – 1/4 cup (use more to make it taste better)
Jeera/Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
Green Chili – 2 no’s
Garlic – 2 no’s
Dry red chili – 2 no’s
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Coconut oil – 2 to 3 table spoon
Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste.
* Crush together Coconut +Green chili + Cumin/Jeera +Curry leaves+ a pinch of turmeric powder, to make a coarse mixture.Keep aside.
* Soak Vanpayar/ Brown peas in water (if possible sprout these to make it extra nutritious) , cook these till almost done.
* Add chopped Asparagus to the almost cooked lentils , add salt and turmeric powder too , cook till these are well cooked and there isn’t much water left (almost 15 minutes in medium heat after adding asparagus) Keep aside.
* Heat oil in a pan , pop mustard seeds and add crushed garlic and Red chili’s followed by crushed shallots or chopped onion.
*Saute till the onion turns golden brown , add the coconut paste and saute for 2 to 3 minutes stirring constantly.
* Add the cooked lentil and Asparagus mixture and stir to combine all ingredients well.
*Serve Hot with Rice.