My NA puts her feet down to bring home Banana’s all the time she sees that in a store ..I always wonder if there is Genes for taste buds ? because both of her parents dislikes the taste of banana , her Grand parents love Banana’s though.
NA insists on buying Banana’s each time we go to a Grocery store and she promises to finish it too but at times she breaks her promise.
I somehow manage to avoid that smell of over ripe Banana’s in our house , make some Unniappom (Kerala snack) or Ada ( another Kerala Snack ) or else I have it with Idiyappom or Puttu ( Kerala style Break fast dishes made from Rice Flour) Well this time , I made this Banana Bread and NA just loved it , packed these for her lunch today 🙂 as am sure she’ll finish it.
Mixed Wheat flour with All purpose flour to make it little more healthier and the measurements here makes just a small loaf of banana bread , do double the scale if you are Banana Fan’s.
All Purpose flour – 1/2 cup
Wheat Flour – 1/2 cup
Baking Soda – 1/3 tsp
Salt – a pinch
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Egg – 1 no
Banana – 1 no
Yogurt – 3 table spoon
Vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp
Butter – 4 table spoon
* Preheat the oven to 350 degree F
* Sift All purpose flour + Wheat Flour + Baking Soda and salt . Keep Aside.
* Beat Sugar with butter (Butter in Room temperature)
* Add Banana and continue beating. (because it was ripe , added the whole banana to it ,may mash it before adding )
*Add Egg and Vanilla essence , continue beating.
* Add yogurt and beat till there are no lumps seen and all ingredients are well combined.
* Fold in the sifted flours (Wheat flour + All purpose flour + Baking soda + Salt)
* Use a spoon to fold all the ingredients well , as beating the mixture after adding flour is not a good idea.
Grease a loaf baking pan and pour the mixture to it.
* Bake these at 350 degree F for 30 to 35 minutes till a fork when inserted comes out clean.
& then Serve and then store if any left , in an air tight container, save these for snacking the following days.