Salmon Curry

Its almost a month that we haven’t had non veg because of Christmas fast , I was craving to have some fish.
Salmon is  one of the  most available fish in the United States and  this is one fish I haven’t even heard of , in India , though Salmon is very much consumed in other Asian Countries. 
Have read many articles stating Salmon as one among the Super fish , because of its high Omega3 in it.
I , all the time fry salmon or Bake it – that’s the best option , but then to match the Malayali taste, we prepare it like this one here , its good with Rice. I have learned that the fat in most living organisms are seen as a layer beneath the skin , when cooked with the skin we make use of 99 % benefits from it , the rest 1% is a question mark…… 

Ingredients 

For  Shallow Frying 
Salmon Fish – I used 2 fillets (cleaned and sliced in to medium size) 
Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
Chili Powder – 2 tsp
Vinegar – 2 tsp
Oil – 3 table spoon approx 
Salt to taste.
For the gravy/ Sauce 
Onion – 1 medium chopped 
Tomato – 1 medium chopped
Ginger and Garlic – crushed 1 tsp each 
Curry leave – a few leaves 
Fenugreek Powder – 1/4 tsp (optional)
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Chili Powder – 1 table spoon (or less)
Salt to taste.
Method 
* Marinate the fish slices with the ingredients under frying for 10 -15 minutes.
*Heat oil in a Pan and shallow fry the fish and keep aside.
I know the skin doesn’t look glamorous , discard’em if you don’t like having the skin.
* In the same pan with the fried oil , add the ginger , garlic , chopped onion and curry leaves and saute till all are cooked well or till the onion looks more than golden brown.
* Add in the chopped tomatoes and saute till the oil starts to separate, add in the powders one by one (Chili Powder , Turmeric Powder and the Fenugreek Powder & salt )
* Saute well and add the fried fish to it , followed by 1/2 a cup of water (poured water first on to the dish in which the fried fish was placed)  and cook till it starts to boil , switch off the heat
Enjoy !!
Did you know Salmon is one of the SECRETS for a healthy and longer life of Japanese People.
Cheers
TN

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this:
search previous next tag category expand menu location phone mail time cart zoom edit close