Our house is smelling good today , smell of nice baked bread , as you go to a Bake house, feeling very happy too as I haven’t tried making bread much , but today I made this Dinner roll’s and came out awesome, you should try this too.
Extracted this recipe idea from Allrecipes.com , the measurements are the same as in this site ,they have the video of this recipe in there , just click the link to watch.
Yeast – 2 table spoon (Think a little more than the original recipe)
All purpose flour – 2 cup’s and a little more
Sugar – 2 table spoon
Warm water – 1/4 cup
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Olive oil – 2 table spoon (and a tsp to brush the bread)
Egg – 1
Butter – 2 table spoon
Olive Oil – 1 table spoon
Garlic – 2 no’s
Shallots – 2 no’s or Onion chopped 2 table spoon
Spinach – 1 cup chopped (Half bunch)
Green chili’s – 2 no’s
Cheese – 1/4 Cup and a little for garnishing (I use mixed cheese grated)
Salt to taste
* Mix warm water ( just lukewarm it shouldn’t be hot ) , 1/4 cup all purpose flour , sugar and yeast and keep aside in a warm place (preferably in the oven) for 15 minutes
* Add then the egg first and mix , followed by flour , salt and the room temperature butter and Olive Oil , mix well for 10 minutes to make a dough , cover with a damp towel and keep for rising for one and half hour.
* Saute garlic , green chili’s , scallion chopped , spinach in olive oil , cook till the water dries off, add salt , switch off the heat.
* The dough would be double the size after 1 and 1/2 hour , Punch down and scrape the dough from the sides of the bowl. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Sprinkle with more flour and shape in to a rectangle.
* Brush the shaped dough with a little butter or olive oil , and spread the filling mix and top with the grated cheese, roll the dough and slice in to equal parts as shown in the picture.
Rectangle is what you want in the original recipe , but I couldn’t make it a rectangle shape , I just made it as I do for a BIG chapathi !!
Cut off the ends….
* Arrange the bread slices on a tray , and keep covered with a damp cloth for another 15 minutes , in the mean time pre heat the oven to 350 Degree F , brush the slices with butter or olive oil and bake for 40 minutes till the bread becomes golden brown
Garnish with grated cheese while the bread is hot , the cheese then melts
Spinach Dinner Roll’s are ready to eat